- Associate Chair and Professor
- Department of Computer and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- 777 Glades Road, EE 418
- Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
- p: 561.297.3413
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Florida Atlantic University, 1989
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Florida Atlantic University, 1986
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Shanghai University, 1982
- Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Robotics and Computer Vision
- Biomedical Applications: Cancer Diagnosis, Seizure Detection, Emotion Detection and Classification
- Marine Animal Sound Detection and Classification
Current Sponsored Research
- An Articulated Community College-University Framework for Increasing Graduation rate of Hispanic and Low-Income Students in Computer Science
- Department of Education (DOE)
- PI and Project Director: Ali Zilouchian
- Co-PIs: Nancy Romance, Nurgun Erdol,Hanqi Zhuang
- Oct. 2016 – Sept. 2021
- Phase II I/UCRC Florida Atlantic University Site: Center for Health Organization Transformation
- PI: Ankur Agarwal
- Co-PIs: Hanqi Zhuang, G. Gumus, L. Dunphy, R. Behara
- July 15, 2016 – July 14, 2021
Refereed Journal Articles1
- Muhamed A., H. Zhuang, and A. Ali, “An Approach for Facial Expression Recognition,” Int Journal of Biometrics, 2017 Online.
- Esfahanian, M., H. Zhuang, N. Erdol, and E. Gerstein, “Two-stage Detection of North Atlantic Right Whale Upcalls using Local Binary Patterns and Machine Learning Algorithms,” J. Applied Acoustics, v 120, May 2017, pp 158-166.
- Esfahanian, M., H. Zhuang, and N. Erdol, “Sparse Representation for Classification of Dolphin Whistles by Type,” J. Acoustical Society of America – EL, Vol. 136 (1), July, 2014.
- Esfahanian, M., H. Zhuang, and N. Erdol, “On Contour-based Classification of Dolphin Whistles by Type,” J. Applied Acoustics, Vol. 76, pp. 274-279, Feb 2014.
1 All the Journals listed are international journals and papers published are reviewed by anonymous reviewers.