- Assistant Professor
- Department of Civil, Environmental & Geomatics Engineering
- 777 Glades Road, EW 224
- Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
- p: 561.297.2808
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University
- M.S.E., Johns Hopkins University
- M.Eng., Harbin Institute of Technology
- B.Mgmt., Harbin Institute of Technology
- B.Eng., Harbin Institute of Technology
- Water Treatment
- Environmental Nanotechnology
- Health Impacts of Nanomaterials
- Membrane Technology
- Renewable Energy
Recent Journal Publications
- Tanvir, R. U., Sujon, S. A., and Yi, P.*, Passive Permeate-Side-Heated Solar Thermal Membrane Distillation: Extracting Potable Water from Seawater, Surface Water, and Municipal Wastewater at High Single-Stage Solar Efficiencies, ACS ES&T Engineering, 2021, 1, 770-779.
Hussain, K. A. and Yi, P. *, Heteroaggregation of Neutral and Charged Nanoparticles: A Potential Method of Making Core-Shell Nanohybrids through Self-Assembly , The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2020, 124, 19282–19288.
Xiao, Q., Yu, S., Li, L.*, Zhang, Y., and Yi, P. *, Degradation of bromate by Fe(II)-Ti(IV) layered double hydroxides nanoparticles under ultraviolet light , Water Research, 2019, 150, 310-320.
Zhang, Y., Lu, J., Yi, P., Zhang, Y., and Wang, Q., Trichloronitromethane formation from amino acids by preozonation-chlorination: The effects of ozone dosage, reaction time, pH, and nitrite , Separation and Purification Technology, 2019, 209, 145-151.
Morris, C., Cupples, S., Kent, T. W., Elbassal, E. A., Wojcikiewicz E. P., Yi, P. *, and Du, D.*, N ‐terminal charged residues of amyloid‐β peptide modulate amyloidogenesis and interaction with lipid membrane , Chemistry – A European Journal, 2018, 24, 9494–9498.
Huang, R., Yi, P., and Tang, Y., Probing the interactions of organic molecules, nanomaterials, and microbes with solid surfaces using quartz crystal microbalances: methodology, advantages, and limitations, Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, 2017, 19 (6), 793–811.
Xiao, Q., Wang, T., Yu, S., Yi, P., and Li, L., Influence of UV lamp, sulfur (IV) concentration, and pH on bromate degradation in UV/sulfite systems: Mechanisms and applications, Water Research, 2017, 111, 288–296.
- Yi, P., Pignatello, J. J., Uchimiya, M., and White, J. C., Heteroaggregation of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles and Nanoparticles of Pyrolyzed Biomass, Environmental Science and Technology, 2015, 49, 13294–13303.
Recent Conference Presentations
- Hussain, K. A. and Yi, P., Self-Assembling of Neutral and Charged Nanoparticles into Core-Shell Nanohybrids with Size Control, American Chemical Society 257thNational Meeting, March 31-April 4, 2019, Orlando, Florida.
- Tanvir, R. U. and Yi, P., Nanoparticle-Enabled Integrated Solar Thermal Membrane Distillation System, American Chemical Society 257th National Meeting, March 31-April 4, 2019, Orlando, Florida.
- Islam, T., Chesnokova, O., Oleinikov, A. V., and Yi, P., Erythrocyte Membrane-Coated Piezoelectric Sensor for Studying the Interactions between Nanoparticles and Surfaces of Red Blood Cells, American Chemical Society 257th National Meeting, March 31-April 4, 2019, Orlando, Florida.
- Tanvir, R. U. and Yi, P., A Novel Solar Thermal Membrane Distillation System for Drinking Water Production in Underdeveloped Areas, American Chemical Society 256th National Meeting, August 19-23, 2018, Boston, Massachusetts.