- Assistant Professor
- Department of Civil, Environmental & Geomatics Engineering
- 777 Glades Road, EW 224
- Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
- p: 561.297.2808
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University
- M.S.E., Johns Hopkins University
- M.Eng., Harbin Institute of Technology
- B.Mgmt., Harbin Institute of Technology
- B.Eng., Harbin Institute of Technology
- Water Treatment
- Environmental Nanotechnology
- Health Impacts of Nanomaterials
- Membrane Technology
- Renewable Energy
Recent Journal Publications
Xiao, Q., Yu, S., Li, L.*, Zhang, Y., and Yi, P. *, "Degradation of bromate by Fe(II)-Ti(IV) layered double hydroxides nanoparticles under ultraviolet light," Water Research, 2019, 150, 310-320.
Zhang, Y., Lu, J., Yi, P., Zhang, Y., and Wang, Q., "Trichloronitromethane formation from amino acids by preozonation-chlorination: The effects of ozone dosage, reaction time, pH, and nitrite, Separation and Purification Technology," 2019, 209, 145-151.
Morris, C., Cupples, S., Kent, T. W., Elbassal, E. A., Wojcikiewicz E. P., Yi, P. *, and Du, D.*, N ‐terminal charged residues of amyloid‐β peptide modulate amyloidogenesis and interaction with lipid membrane," Chemistry – A European Journal, 2018, 24, 9494–9498.
Huang, R., Yi, P., and Tang, Y., "Probing the interactions of organic molecules, nanomaterials, and microbes with solid surfaces using quartz crystal microbalances: methodology, advantages, and limitations, Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts," 2017, 19 (6), 793–811.
Xiao, Q., Wang, T., Yu, S., Yi, P., and Li, L., "Influence of UV lamp, sulfur (IV) concentration, and pH on bromate degradation in UV/sulfite systems: Mechanisms and applications, Water Research," 2017, 111, 288–296.
Yi, P., Pignatello, J. J., Uchimiya, M., and White, J. C., "Heteroaggregation of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles and Nanoparticles of Pyrolyzed Biomass, Environmental Science and Technology," 2015, 49, 13294–13303.
Recent Conference Presentations
- Hussain, K. A. and Yi, P., Self-Assembling of Neutral and Charged Nanoparticles into Core-Shell Nanohybrids with Size Control, American Chemical Society 257thNational Meeting, March 31-April 4, 2019, Orlando, Florida.
- Tanvir, R. U. and Yi, P., Nanoparticle-Enabled Integrated Solar Thermal Membrane Distillation System, American Chemical Society 257th National Meeting, March 31-April 4, 2019, Orlando, Florida.
- Islam, T., Chesnokova, O., Oleinikov, A. V., and Yi, P., Erythrocyte Membrane-Coated Piezoelectric Sensor for Studying the Interactions between Nanoparticles and Surfaces of Red Blood Cells, American Chemical Society 257th National Meeting, March 31-April 4, 2019, Orlando, Florida.
- Tanvir, R. U. and Yi, P., A Novel Solar Thermal Membrane Distillation System for Drinking Water Production in Underdeveloped Areas, American Chemical Society 256th National Meeting, August 19-23, 2018, Boston, Massachusetts.