- Ongoing sponsored research on skin lesion segmentation and classification and early melanoma detection. See recent press release and news story.
- Ongoing sponsored research on fingerprint segmentation and verification.
- Ongoing sponsored research on multi-channel real-time video enhancement.
- Ongoing research on medical image analysis using deep learning techniques.
- O. Marques, "Image Processing and Computer Vision for iOS", Springer, 2018 (to appear).
- B. Furht and O. Marques (editors), "Encyclopedia of Multimedia", 3rd edition, Springer, 2018 (to appear).
- O. Marques, "Computer Vision and Image Processing Recipes Using MATLAB®" (in preparation).
Teaching CAP 6618 - Machine Learning for Computer Vision, ISM 6058 - Mobile Apps for Business, and COP 3813 - Intro to Internet Computing (Spring 2018).
Self-driving cars, robot radiologists, and more: how artificial intelligence is changing the world forever, Lifelong Learning Society (LLS), Florida Atlantic University, March 2018. (upcoming)
Looking through the artist's eyes, Lifelong Learning Society (LLS), Florida Atlantic University, March 2018. (upcoming)
- Organizer and Co-chair of the Special Track on
Medical Image and Video Analysis Using Deep Learning
, 31st IEEE CBMS International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS), Karlstad, Sweden, June 18-21, 2018.
- See Call for Papers here
- Program Committee Co-Chair, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Computing (ICACC 2018), New Delhi, India, Dec 22-23, 2018.
- General Chair, Fourth International Symposium on Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems (SIRS'18), Bangalore, India, September 19-22, 2018.
- Advisory Committee Member and Reviewer, 7th International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), Bangalore, India, September 19-22, 2018.
- Track Chair, Technical Program Committee Member, and Reviewer, 26th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Rome, Italy, September 3-7, 2018.
- Reviewer, Program Committee Member, and Liaison for the Americas, International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing (CBMI 2018), La Rochelle, France, September 4-6, 2018.
Graduate student advising
- PhD advisor for Mr. Luiz Zaniolo
- PhD advisor for Ms. Nancy VanNest
- MS thesis advisor for Mr. Jack Burdick
- Editorial Board member of the journal
Multimedia Tools and Applications
- Associate Editor, SET International Journal of Broadcast Engineering, Brazilian Society of Television Engineering.
- CEECS Department Undergraduate CS Program Committee (Chair)
- CEECS Department Executive Committee (member)
- College of Engineering and Computer Science Undergraduate Program Committee (member)
- OIT (Office of Information Technology) Advisory Committee (member)
- Mindfulness Working Group (under the Peace, Justice, and Human Rights initiative - Office of the Provost) (member)